Can anyone get permanent makeup?
I won`t be able to work with you if you have or ever had permanent makeup done by another artist. As practice shows most cases require a correction cause previous pigment is either too saturated, implanted too deep or faded unevenly/patchy, changed the color to undesirable shade, shape is off or skin texture is compromised (for example scarring from previous microblading).
I most likely won`t be able to provide you the quality work I strive for, therefore I choose not to accept clients with previous cosmetic tattoos.
There are certain things that can prevent you from getting the treatment.
In the following cases procedure CAN NOT be done:
- if you are under 18 years old (bring valid ID)
- if you are pregnant or nursing
- if you are prone to keloid scarring
- if you have any skin disease symptoms or irritation on your face or on/around eyebrows (e.g. seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, rash, acne, blemishes, herpes)
- if you have a sunburn in the area of treatment
- directly after botox or fillers (waiting period required: 14 days after botox and 30 days after fillers)
- if you are using Accutane, Isotretinoin, Adapalene (Differin), Tazarotene (Tazorac) or any other vitamin A derivatives, strong retinoids or steroids or anything that is meant to treat acne and obtained with prescription (waiting period up to 1 year for orals and up to 1 month for topicals)
- if you are currently undergoing chemotherapy, radiation therapy, immune or hormonal therapy
- if you are currently on antibiotics (wait at least two weeks after finishing the course)
- if you have epilepsy
- if you have allergies to colors/pigments/dyes
- if you are allergic to topical anesthetics (e.g. Lidocaine, Tetracaine, Epinephrine)
- if you have HIV or Hepatitis or any other viral infections and/or diseases (compromised immune system can lead to unpredictable results)
- if you have active cancer or skin cancer in the area of procedure
- if you have hemophilia or any other bleeding disorders
- if you have uncontrolled high blood pressure, major heart problems, healing disorders or develop infections easily
- if you have a pacemaker
- if you are taking following medications: Warfarine/Farin/Coumadine, Clexane, Fraxiparine or similar
- if you currently use any eyebrow hair growth serum or did in the past 6 months (waiting period required, contact me for more info)
- directly after brow waxing (5-7 days waiting period recommended)
- if you have flu, sinus/respiratory infection or cold (get well and schedule only after full recovery)
- if you have previous permanent makeup in the area of procedure (case by case basis, contact me with good quality pictures attached)
In the following cases procedure CAN be done, but is NOT recommended:
- if you have diabetes (you must bring an approval notice from a doctor)
- if you are taking following medications: Euthyrox/Levothyroxin/Synthroid, Methimazole/Thiamazole/Tapazole/Northyx
- if you were recently undergoing chemotherapy, radiation therapy, immune or hormonal therapy (approval notice from a doctor is required)
- if you have vitiligo
- if you are using on a regular basis high-grade professional skincare that contains AHA’s (lactic, glycolic, citric, retinoid and tantric acids) and provides tone correcting, anti-aging, exfoliating properties (unless avoided directly on and near the eyebrow area it can fade or discolor your permanent makeup)
Consultation with your doctor and notice are required if you have:
- autoimmune diseases
- febrile infections
- congenital immunodeficient diseases
- other causes of immunosuppression
- organ transplantation
Additional requirements for eyelash enhancement/shaded eyeliner procedures:
- NO eyelash extensions (must be taken off by your lash tech few days prior the procedure)
- NO eye diseases or conditions (glaucoma, dry eye, eye irritations, etc.)
- NO problems when someone is touching your eye area
If you currently use any eyelash growth serum or did in the past 6 months you MUST inform me about it PRIOR to booking an appointment to receive more information (waiting period required).
Additional requirements for lip blush procedure:
- NO severely chapped lips
- NO cold sores or any irritations on and near the area
Lips with natural dark pigmentation considered a correction and require a different method. Multiple sessions priced accordingly might be necessary to achieve desired results. Dark lips are taken for procedure on case by case basis. Contact me for more information.
If you ever had a cold sore (fever blister) on your lips the lip blush procedure can trigger an outbreak, therefore it is highly recommended to obtain prescription medication from your doctor and start taking it on the day of procedure and few days after procedure (following the doctor`s prescription).
It is recommended even if you`ve never experienced cold sores before as the virus could be present in your body in the dormant state, which may result in outbreak after the procedure.